Favorites

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Final Lesson Plan (Schooled 2) by Deena Bright

The Final Lesson Plan (Schooled 2)The Final Lesson Plan by Deena Bright
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm giving this a 3.5- but can't quite round up to 4. I had some gripes while I was reading it, but I also had some definite opinions about what I wanted to happen with the characters, which tells me that the author got me connected enough to the story to care. The story turned out the way I wanted it to, which was pretty sweet. I was confused at first by the lack of graphic sex scenes- but dismissed that difference between this book and the first one in the series pretty easily because the emotional and angsty stuff was all good. What I didn't like was the author talking directly to the reader. That is a sure way to take me right out of a story and irritate me. I almost felt like I was enjoying the characters in spite of the author sometimes, which I realize doesn't make a ton of sense. When I say I enjoyed the characters- I mean it. I can't think of one that I didn't care about in some way. Obviously the main three (Janelle, Briggs, and Leo) were at the center of my concerns, but I was pretty invested in all of their siblings and friends as well. I'd also like to give a shout out about the Kelly Taylor references- which I enjoyed more than I can express. Without spoiling anything I'll just add that I LOVED the letter Janelle got. I'm glad I read this- and would recommend it to anyone who has already read Schooled.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment