Favorites

Sunday, February 1, 2015

A SEAL's Secret by Tawny Webber- Release Event


Tawny Weber
A SEAL’s Secret
Release Date: February 1st, 2015



Blurb:

Subject: Lt. Commander Mitch "Irish" Donovan 

His Mission: Babysit a fitness queen with a hands-on approach!
 

Navy SEAL Mitch Donovan always plays to win. The push-up contest at the Halloween party should have been a piece of cake. Except that the cake in question is a hot woman dressed as a delicious dessert. Now the only exercise on Mitch's mind is restraint…
 

Livi Kane may be The Body Babe, but she has zero confidence. This hunky SEAL, however, makes her forget everything—except for a workout involving his hot, naked bod and a whole lot of sexy, sweaty delight. But Mitch has his secrets—and Livi certainly has hers. All it will take is one unexpected encounter to turn this steamy attraction into an even bigger secret that will start showing any day now…


Goodreads




Buy links:









About Author


New York Times and USA Today Bestseller, Tawny Weber has been writing sassy, sexy romances since her first Harlequin Blaze hit the shelves in 2007. A fan of Johnny Depp, cupcakes and color coordination, she spends a lot of her time shopping for cute shoes, scrapbooking and hanging out on Facebook.
Come by and visit her website at www.tawnyweber.com for hunky contests, delicious recipes and lots of fun.



About the Uniformly Hot SEALs Series


A SEAL's Seduction (Uniformly Hot SEALs #1)

Subject: Navy SEAL Lieutenant Blake Landon 

Current Status: Two weeks of enforced leave 

Mission: Distract himself in any way possible 

Obstacle: A woman who tempts him to break the rules...including his own!  

Navy SEAL Blake Landon (aka "Boy Scout") knows the rule book inside and out. Checked. Rechecked. But when a mission ends badly, his entire team is ordered on leave. And that's when Blake sees the tall redhead whose dark eyes suggest that the rules-especially those in bed-are made to be broken. 

Scientist Alexia Lane has sex on the brain-partly for work, but mostly because she needs a man who makes her girly parts do the happy dance. Her only no-no? No military dudes. But Blake's rockin' bod promises delicious pleasures, and Alexia is halfway to sexual Nirvana before she can find out he's actually a Navy SEAL. 

And where one rule is broken, more are sure to follow.... 

Uniformly Hot! The Few. The Proud. The Sexy as Hell!

Goodreads             




Buy Links:

iTunes/iBooks

Kindle



Excerpts

1)
“I like to win,” Livi admitted.  “But I don’t think winning is everything.”
            “Heresy.”  His grin flashed like a lightning in the dark, quick and striking. “Don’t let the team hear you say that.”
            “You play to win?”
            “I play.  I win.”
            “You are so confident,” she breathed, shaking her head in admiration.  That was almost as much a turn-on as his well-muscled body.  
            “I’m good.”  His shrug said it all. 
            He was good.  He knew it, and so did everyone else. 
            “But we drew,” she pointed out.  Tilting her head to the side, she wondered, “Did that bother you?  Since you’re used to winning, I mean?”
            “I didn’t lose.”
            “But you didn’t win.”
            His smile was a slow seduction that meandered its way through her system with hot little licks of pleasure.  It was so intense it made her nipples ache. 
            “Sweetheart, sometimes a draw is a win. It’s all about the bigger picture.  What’s the real goal?”
            Right now her only goal was to taste him. 
            Livi wet her lips in anticipation, but couldn’t make herself say that aloud. 
            “Is that one of those military things,” she asked instead.  “Like sometimes losing the battle to win the war?”
            “I didn’t lose.”
            As delighted as she was turned on, Livi laughed. 
            He really was confident. 
            What was that like?
            Ready to find out, she touched the tip of her tongue to her upper lip and reached out to trace her finger over the letter S on his chest. 
Oh, my.  He felt good.  Very, very good.
She lifted her eyes to meet his, tilting her head so her ponytail swept over his hand where it rested on her shoulder. 
“Super SEAL?” she asked.
“Man of iron,” he promised, his hand sliding behind her neck to cup her head.  Fingers tangling in her ponytail, he closed the distance between their bodies.
“Ready?” he asked, his mouth inches from hers.
“I think so,” she breathed, shifting closer.
His lips brushed over hers. So soft, almost sweet. 
Once. 
Twice.
The third time, he added his tongue.  Sliding it over the seam of her lips, along the edge of her teeth.
Livi’s body flashed hot, then cold, then hot again.
Her fingers curled into his chest, the other hand grabbing his shoulder for balance. 
She’d thought she was ready for this? 
Oh, how wrong she’d been. 






Q&A With Tawny

How did you come up with the idea for this story?
The hero in A SEAL’s Secret made an appearance in a previous Sexy SEAL book, Christmas with a SEAL, and I knew he had to have his own story.   In addition, I wanted to write a story that danced through the holidays.  A SEAL’s Secret opens at Halloween and moves through the year until Labor Day, hitting each holiday in a special way. 

Where do you find your inspiration? 
            Everywhere. 

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
            The biggest challenge after 34 books is keeping the love scenes fresh.  I try to make sure each scene is especially suited to the characters and their challenges and story hook. 

What are your current projects? 
            I’m currently working on a Blaze titled A SEAL’s Temptation, as well as a single title SEAL story that I’m really excited about. 

Tell us about your first book. What would readers find different about the first one and your most recent published work?
I loved that book!  Double Dare came out in 2007 and was so fun for me.  The heroine was a bad girl who was balancing an exciting new career and her old lifestyle.  Her friends dare her to ‘do the first guy to walk into the bar’.  The story includes a sexy cyber cop, a dorky villain and an ugly tie.   I really loved that story, and I love the ones I’m writing now.  It’s difficult for me to analyze my own work, but I do think that my writing is a little smoother now, and the stories and characters deeper.  I’m able to take risks with the stories now that I couldn’t then, too.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
            I’m always fascinated to see what readers take away from my stories.  There is often a specific emotional challenge that I’ll focus on in any given book, but the consistent theme is to believe in themselves, and that we’re all stronger with love.  

Does music play any type of role in your writing?
I create a playlist for each book I write. Some songs make it into each playlist because the beat, the energy of them just make it easier to write to.  Others tap into the story’s theme, or the characters.  And as I often write holiday stories, I have a great collection of Christmas songs to listen to in May now J 

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your life?
I never write about personal experiences or real people, per se.  But my husband was in the military and is still very involved in Veteran’s programs, and we have a lot of family who served or are currently serving our country.  So my Sexy SEAL’s do tap into the feelings and the challenges that I’ve observed—but again, not actual events or people J  

What books have influenced your life most?
            In fiction, Nora Roberts books have influenced me the most, both as a person and as a writer.  In non-fiction, Dr. Wayne Dyer is my hero.  I love his message, his writing and the inspiration he offers. 

Are there any new authors that have grasp your interest?
            Sara Jane Stone is amazing.  I’ve been loving her books. 

Can you share a little of your current work with us?
I’m working on two stories right now, but in the Sexy SEAL series.  A SEAL’s Temptation has a quiet hero and a reluctant heroine up against a wily pair of matchmakers who are sure that good sex will cure all their friends’ woes.  I’m also working on a single-title length Sexy SEAL story, A SEAL’s Betrayal.  Its more complex than my usual SEALs, and so far has been fabulous to write. 

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
            Thank you!!!! 

How can readers discover more about you and your work?
            The best way is to visit my website at www.TawnyWeber.com.  I have all of my new releases, book news, information on past releases and fun stuff there. 

Do you have a special time to write? How is your day structured writing-wise?
            I tend to do most of my writing at night, usually from 10pm until 2 or 3am.  Depending on deadlines and how the story is going, I’ll often put in a few more hours in the later afternoon as well. 

Why did you choose to write [genre] stories?
            I love romance and I believe in the power of love to make a difference in peoples’ lives.  Romance novels explore such a range of emotions, but always offer my favorite thing—Happy Ever After. 

What is for you the perfect book hero?
            The perfect book hero is a guy who makes me tingle.  One who makes me wish he’d climb out of the pages and rock my world. 

When you start a book, do you already have the whole story in your head or is it built progressively?
I always start a new book with a general idea of the story, of the character’s issues and challenges, and with the dark moment in mind. Usually after the third chapter I have a stronger feeling for all of that and create a storyboard so I know how to get the characters from their challenge to the dark moment and then happy ever after. 

When and why did you begin writing?
I started writing in 2002 after a conversation with my husband.  He’d asked me what my dream career would be.  I told him I’d love to be a romance author.  And even though I had a million excuses why I couldn’t do it, he challenged me to make my dream come true.     

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
            I considered myself a writer as soon as I mastered the concept of point-of-view and scene/sequel.  I considered myself an author after my first book was out.

List three books you have recently read and would recommend.
            Nora Roberts’ Dark Witch trilogy
            Sara  Jane Stone’s Hero by Night
            Mark Divine’s The Way of the SEAL

Tell us something that people would be surprised you know how to do.
            I’m a tarot reader, and actually did that for a living for awhile. 

Will you write more about these characters?
One of the things I love about writing the Sexy SEAL series is that I’m always writing very hot, very powerful, very yummy heroes.  But added to that, I’m able to revisit a lot of the characters in subsequent books, so the readers get to see how they’re doing after they’ve found their happy-ever-after. 

------------------------------------------


When did you first start writing and when did you finish your first book?
            I started writing in February of 2002 and finished my first book in November of that same year. 
What do you do when you are not writing?
            I homeschool my daughter, I do a lot of crafts like scrapbooking and card making, I exercise (not enough) and I cuddle with my husband. 
Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
            I’d like to say it’s all realistically imaginative. 
Are there certain characters you would like to go back to, or is there a theme or idea you’d love to work with?
            I’d love to write a book with children at some point.  Kids are amazing characters in and of themselves, and added to a story would bring so much fun and depth. 
Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?
            I’d like to say thank you to all of them and send a big hug of appreciation for their support of my books. 
Where do you get your muses?
            Zeus made them J 
Who are your top five favorite authors?
Nora Roberts, Wayne Dyer, Jennifer Cruise, Carly Phillips, Vicki Lewis Thompson
What are you currently reading?"
            The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks.  Last night I finished Calculated in Death by JD Robb
How did you research Mitch's Navy Seal character?
            My husband works with a former SEAL who has been wonderful about giving me insights.  I also spoke with a number of Navy veterans, and, of course, made good use of Google. 
What was your favorite part of writing A Seal's Secret?
            The final scene was my absolute favorite because my daughter named the character that’s introduced at the end of the story. 
What is your writing process?
I usually come up with either the hook or a character first, then build the story around that until I have enough to write a rough outline (a paragraph or so, no more than a page).  Then I write the partial, and that takes awhile because I often rewrite, revise and redo until I feel like I really know the characters, their personality, their goals and quirks. At that point I’ll put together a plotting board to outline the rest of the story and write until I hit the end.  I usually make notes of any changes or issues as I go, then when the manuscript is finished I use those notes and go back through to make the changes and give it a good polish. 
Northern California - what is your favorite sight, sound, and smell.
            Blue skies, birds and redwoods. 
What would we find in your garden?
            Lavender and roses, daisies and a gorgeous lipstick plant, a lemon tree, grapefruit tree, avocado tree (sadly not bearing fruit yet), a dormant vegetable garden and 4 huge redwood trees.
Can you share a secret about the Romance Bandits?"
            Hmm, how about this... The Golden Rooster isn’t  really real J 



Giveaway:

Navy SEAL’s Prize Pack
Tawny Weber eBooks


No comments:

Post a Comment