Favorites

Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Hook UP by Christen Callihan- Review!


Synopsis

The rules: no kissing on the mouth, no staying the night, no telling anyone, and above all... No falling in love

Anna Jones just wants to finish college and figure out her life. Falling for star quarterback Drew Baylor is certainly not on her to do list. Confident and charming, he lives in the limelight and is way too gorgeous for his own good. If only she could ignore his heated stares and stop thinking about doing hot and dirty things with him. Easy right?

Too bad he's committed to making her break every rule...

Football has been good to Drew. It's given him recognition, two National Championships, and the Heisman. But what he really craves is sexy yet prickly Anna Jones. Her cutting humor and blatant disregard for his fame turns him on like nothing else. But there's one problem: she's shut him down. Completely.
That is until a chance encounter leads to the hottest sex of their lives, along with the possibility of something great. Unfortunately, Anna wants it to remain a hook up. Now it's up to Drew to tempt her with more: more sex, more satisfaction, more time with him. Until she's truly hooked. It's a good thing Drew knows all about winning.


My Review

The Hook Up (Game On, #1)The Hook Up by Kristen Callihan
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

Anna Jones is trying to finish college and decide what she wants to do with her life. Drew Baylor is a talented quarterback who knows where his life is headed. They meet in a philosophy class, and despite a very obvious draw they feel towards one another, Anna has no interest in getting involved with someone famous. Anna is determined to ignore her physical pull to Drew, while Drew is determined to explore is attraction to Anna. Anna agrees to hook up with drew on a purely physical bases, and only if they keep the hook ups secret. Drew agrees, but knows quickly that he wants a lot more and is going to try hard to get it.

I read a lot of books in this genre and a lot of books with similar plot lines to this one. I was very pleasantly surprised by just how much I liked this book. While the story line is similar to other books I've read, I found myself a lot more connected to these main characters. I was very emotionally engaged in the story and experienced a lot of strong feelings throughout this book. The sexual chemistry between Anna and Drew was off the charts hot. It was palpable. Drew and Anna were both characters I cared about and I was really hoping that they could work their way through their own issues and struggles and find a way to give each other what they both deserved. One of the things I loved about this book was that the dialogue between Anna and Drew was witty, honest, and real. Towards the end of the book their dialogue turned a little more hyperbolic than I would have liked, but it diminish my enjoyment of the book too much.

I read this nearly straight through once I started. Whenever I had to put it down to live my own life, I was thinking about when I would be able to pick it up again. I enjoyed this a lot and would gladly read more by this author in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment