Favorites

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Illusions by J.C. Thompson- Release Day Blitz

Title: Illusions
Series: The Club #1
Author: J.C. Thompson
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: July 12, 2016


Aly
I'm the princess, at least that's what my family believes. In their eyes, I can do no wrong. I was tired of trying to be perfect, so I left. I moved across the country and opened Illusions with my best friend. It's not your average upscale nightclub. What happens behind the scenes is where I get to go from princess to vixen. I never ran into any of the gentlemen that came into Illusions in the real world. Until him. Now, I'm in serious trouble. Not only is he a repeat customer, but he is my brother's best friend and business partner.
Cole
The stress of opening the new office finally got to me. I'd heard about Illusions, an upscale nightclub, in the middle of town. I went for more than a drink and found the one woman I can't get off my mind. I'd give anything to see her again. Turns out that isn't too unlikely. I didn't expect her to be my best friend and business partner's little sister. They call her the princess, but to me, she is my kitten.




Pulling up to Aly’s, I turn off the Nova and turn to face her. “What’s on your mind?”
“Why are you here?” she asks, looking down at her hands in her lap.
“I wasn’t ready for our time to be over,” I tell her the truth, because that is the only thing that I can think of.
“Did you mean what you said this morning? That this can’t continue?” She looks up at me. The look in her eyes stops my heart. Her eyes are shining bright with unshed tears.
Not wanting to lie, I go with the truth again. “Yes.”
She doesn’t say anything for a minute. She just sits there looking at me. With a small nod, she leans over, placing a kiss on my cheek. “Goodbye, Cole,” she says, and then she climbs out.
I want so badly to get out of the car and chase her. But at what cost? I know I can’t be anything more to her. I want to see her again, but it’s not fair to expect her to give up on what she wants, what she deserves. I can’t be selfish. Not with her. A few minutes later, the porch light shuts off. The loss of the light from her porch makes me feel cold. With the flip of that switch, it’s like she is shutting me out. Starting the car back up, I leave, not wanting to hang on to this day any longer than necessary, and I head back to the highway. It’s time to come back to reality.
Author JC Thompson was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest. Where she currently lives with her high school sweetheart, two little girls, and five furry kids (3 cats and 2 dogs). JC loves to read romance, the smuttier the better. She is a self-proclaimed book addict that likes to get lost in a false reality anytime possible. When she is not getting lost in reading, she is getting lost in writing, or spending time with her family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment