Favorites

Friday, August 23, 2013

Shooting Scars (The Artist Trilogy #2) by Karina Halle- Review

Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)Shooting Scars by Karina Halle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book picks up shortly after Javier takes Ellie away with him, and Camden is left with his ex-wife and son. Javier is even scarier and more intense before, and now he wants Ellie to help him kill Travis. Even though Ellie has wanted revenge against Travis since she was a young girl, she doesn't want it like this- if at all. Camden's ex-wife is exactly as awful as you would expect, and he quickly pairs up with one of the few people Ellie trusts (Gus) to try and get her back. Dealing with the world of Mexican drug cartels is intense and terrifying no matter how you are involved. Javier, Ellie, and Camden have all been changed by the past years, and are all fighting for something they want badly.

I read Sins & Needles and liked it a lot, but had a hard time connecting with Ellie. Then I read On Every Street and that totally helped me understand her better, and connect with her more. Then I went back and re-read Sins & Needles and liked it even more. Then I was irritated that I had to wait so long for Shooting Scars to come out.

I love this trilogy. It's exciting, intense, and totally unpredictable. The characters are multi-dimensional and completely captivating. You never really know who you can trust or what the right thing to do even is anymore. I love that there are complexities to pretty much everything in this series. These characters have some intense feelings for one another, but I've made my decision about who I want for Ellie based on who I want for me. Camden. I love him. He took his lumps all through his teen years because he was who he was and didn't care. Now he's just grown into his hot-ass nerd self and become even more spectacular. I get why Ellie struggles with her attraction to Javier, but there is a lot there I just can't get past.

It is going to be a struggle to wait for the final installment in this trilogy. I need more of this NOW! But wait i will, even if not patiently.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment