Favorites

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Why Me? by T. Renee Fike- Release Day Blitz




Jordyn Stevens, an independent woman, has managed to keep her head down and get through high school. She's seen the good and ugly in people and prefers to rely only on herself. Hoping that college will be different, she opens up to her roommate Candace and her best friend, Chase. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time, Jordyn finds herself in the crosshairs of someone who would rather make her life a living hell.

Wanting to help and protect Jordyn, Candace enlists the help of her sexy football star brother Avery, who is also one to keep people at bay. Brought together by a common bond, neither expects to develop feelings for one another. However, a simple friendship doesn't work out as planned. When tragedy strickes and miscommunication occurs, Jordyn and Avery are lead down a dark and dreary path that she is all too familiar with.

Will Avery be able to make her see that things aren't always what they seem?

Will Jordyn be able to survive or will her WHY ME mentality destroy her?






“Jordyn, do you want to be with someone?” he asks changing his tone.


“Maybe.”


“Maybe?  What do you mean maybe?”


“I’m good with just me.”


“But you can’t tell me you don’t get lonely.”


“Sure, everyone does.  But I don’t think I can really put myself out there.”


“You should try.”


“Why?”


“Because then maybe Ryder would let you alone.  Oh, oh better yet, date Avery,” he says like it’s the most amazing thing ever.


“What?  No, I’m not dating Avery.”


“That sounds like a great idea Chase,” Avery says, as he enters our room.


“What?” I shriek.


“Just think about it, Ryder would let you alone because he and I are friends, so it would make you off limits,” Avery says like it’s nothing.


“See, told you,” Chase laughs.


“No, that’s ridiculous and don’t you have a girlfriend?”


“When have you known me to have a girlfriend?” he asks with a look.


“I don’t know.  Well, why don’t you have a girlfriend then?” I ask confused.


“I’m about to.”



T. Renee Fike was born and raised in Pennsylvania. When she's not writing, she's either working a full-time day job, or pursuing her Master's degree. Aside from work and school, she enjoys hanging out with friends, reading a good book, watching football, (GO EAGLES) or hanging out with her nieces and nephew.


Hosted By:






No comments:

Post a Comment