Favorites

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Simple Perfection by Abbi Glines- Review

Simple Perfection (Perfection, #2; Rosemary Beach, #5)Simple Perfection by Abbi Glines
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book picks up where Twisted Perfection leaves off. Woods is left with a giant inheritance after the unexpected death of his father. Woods is struggling to dismantle the dysfunctional systems his father put in place, and return the country club to the vision he shared with his grandfather. Della feels like she is holding Woods back in life, and is still struggling with her own guilt about being dependent on him for emotional and financial support. She still believes that Woods would be better off and more able to live a full life without her dragging him down. Della digs a lot deeper into her family past and finds out some pretty amazing information.

I like this series, and the characters so it was nice to spend more time with them. I struggled at times with Woods excessively flowery language. I get that he really loves Della, but it was a little over the top for me at times. I did like watching Woods take charge of the legacy he was left and dismantle and rebuild the country club in a way that was true to him and honored his grandfather's visions.

Despite being incredibly frustrated at times with Della's misinterpretations of things and her running away before gathering all (or any) information- I was glad to see her trying to heal herself and become a stronger person. I enjoyed exploring everything she discovered about her family with her, and really liked that whole story line. It was also nice to get to touch base with Rush and Blaire and get a glimpse into their lives, as well as the lives of some of the other characters.

The first half of the story was a little slow for me, because it seemed to be based solely on a non-problem/misunderstanding that was created to provide some drama. However, around the 65% point, things really picked up and went in a direction I didn't expect . It really left some rich material and story lines that I look forward to following in future books in this series. I have come to care about all of these characters, and I look forward to seeing how they all grow up and change from young rich partiers, to adults with responsibilities and more complex relationships.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment