Favorites

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!!!


Hey Sexy Readers!  Hope you have had a 2013 full of amazing books.  I'd love to hear what your favorite books of 2013 were.

I've read a lot of great books in a lot of genres this year, and it is hard to list favorites, partially because my memory is a little shifty and I know I'll be forgetting to list some of the great books I've read.  Well, I'll give it a shot anyway.  Here are some of the great books I've read this year. 

NOS4A2 by Joe Hill- Fantastic story-telling! Creepy and awesome.  I also recommend Horns and Heart-Shaped Box by the same author.  

Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein- A book I'm guessing will stay on my "favorite books of all time" list.  As the list would suggest, for all time.  It was incredibly great.  

The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt- Witty, great story, really interesting use of language suited to the period.  Loved it! 

Winter Blues by Jade Goodmore- No good guys, no bad guys.  Real people dealing with tough situations, attraction, disconnection, re-connection. and the messiness that is live and love.  

Unbound by Cara McKenna- A female character who has been through and continues going through some pretty amazing changes in her life.  A unique male lead.  A pretty spectacular connection for both of them.  

Only for You by Genna Rulon- A book that does a great job of integrating witty, sexy, funny with some pretty serious and important topics.  Addresses the culture of violence and the important role of the bystander, and challenges victims face in a way I found completely refreshing.  

Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris- Love him.  Love everything he writes.  This is no exception.  

Exposure by Iris Blaire- My only problem with this awesome piece of sexual-tension-laced goodness is that it wasn't longer.  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment